Geographic areas

Today in class our key question was "How do geographers describe where things are?" We learned one way which is Site. Humans have the ability to modify the characteristics of a site.
Site- is the physical character of a place 
  • Climate
  • Weather
  • Water Source
  • topography
  • soil
  • vegetation
  • latitude
  • elevation

The characteristics that make my own home unique:
  • Climate- The climate can be whatever I want. If I want it really hot, I can make it really hot. But if I want it cold, I can make it cold. 
  • Water Source- I can turn the faucet, shower, or the fridge on and get clean drinking water. People take those things for granted but people in other parts of the world are not as fortunate to have those privileges.
  • Soil- We can buy good soil from the store to put in our flowerpots to grow plants.
  • Vegetation- My fridge has food in it that we buy from the store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guns, Germs and Steel pt.5

Guns, Germs and Steel

Guns, Germs and Steel Test